Since the beginning, volunteers play an important role in the organization of Virlanie. The foundation has local and foreign volunteers supervised by the volunteer coordinator. In Virlanie, the volunteer is considered as an opportunity to share a different way of thinking, working organization, activities and tools for the staff and the kids.
We have different volunteer positions, which are constantly changing depending on the needs of the programs/homes.
The objective of the volunteer program is to create an exchange of professional and personal experiences and knowledge between the volunteers and the local staff.
The volunteer program also aims at maintaining a strong relationship between the former volunteers and Virlanie.
The decisions of the volunteer coordinator must be taken in accordance with the HR manager. He/she will work in close cooperation with the different program heads.
– Recruitment of volunteers with competences and commitment according to the needs of the homes and programs.
– Orientation of the volunteer in order to facilitate his/her adaption to the Filipino context.
– Creation of a link between the volunteers and the Virlanie management.
Objectives of the mission of the volunteer
The volunteer coordinator is required to find volunteers for the different programs of Virlanie. He/she is asked to accompany and support the volunteer in every step of his/her mission.
– The volunteer coordinator develops and implements the strategies of the volunteer program in cooperation with the Virlanie management and in alignment with the vision, mission and the objectives of Virlanie.
– He/she adapts the recruitment strategy and the volunteer management to the needs of the volunteer program.
– He/she creates and maintains management tools to monitor the volunteer program: volunteer planning, immersion planning, accommodation planning, vacancy list, etc.
– The volunteer coordinator defines and develops the volunteer positions and job descriptions in collaboration with the different program coordinators.
– He/she searches, interviews and assigns volunteers according to the skills and needs of the foundation (in collaboration with Marylise Lemay and the different program heads).
– He/she ensures that all volunteers completed the required documentation (English CV and Application Form)
– He/she maintains a volunteer database to include volunteer profiles, contact information, special skills and interests.
– He/she ensures that all volunteers have signed an internship contract / service agreement / VSI contract before their arrival in the Philippines.
– The volunteer coordinator orients the volunteers in their working environment, the organization of Virlanie and their missions and makes sure that the volunteers feel accompanied and supported.
– He/she develops and maintains an assessment process for the volunteers.
– He/she ensures an appropriate recognition of the volunteers (in the office and at their working place).
– He/she develops and maintains an on-going communication with all the volunteers. He/she acts as an information resource for the volunteers.
– He/she ensures that the volunteer accommodations are safe and well maintained.
– He/she ensures that the volunteers respect the service agreement, the volunteer chart and the general Virlanie rules.
– He/she attends meetings with the program heads and the Virlanie management team whenever necessary.
– He/she promotes team spirit, communication and cross-cultural exchanges between the volunteer group and the local staff.
– He/she organizes regular meetings with all the volunteers(at the moment, a French psychologist organizes regular speech circles).
– The volunteer coordinator ensures a good matching between the programs’/homes’ needs and the volunteers’ capacities in order to support the Foundation in areas where volunteers can add values thanks to their specific expertise
– He/she guaranties the professional behavior of the volunteers and the smooth progress of their missions
– He/she makes sure that the volunteers live a humanly rich experience and become more sensible to the needs of the poorest
The HR manager will perform an evaluation at least every six months and a final evaluation at the end of the mission.