As part of the Head Office in the Philippines and under the supervision of Water and Life Program Manager, the technical coordinator develops Sanitation (San) and Solid Wastes (SW) projects throughout the areas of interventions in the country and ensures their implementations.
As of today, the SWM program is under a pilot phase in 3 areas with the aim of scalingup in 2023-2024. Due to the stage of the project, the strategy and the tools are still under continuous improvement and adaptation according to the field results. The SWM program is co-piloted with the local authorities and the communities. E&V takes the role of the coordinator and facilitator between the different stakeholders as well as technical advisor. An important part of the project is to reinforce the capacities of the local stakeholders on SWM. The sanitation program is still at his early stage with feasibility studies and designs planned for 2023 in several areas, according to fundings.
The main responsibilities are the following:
- Take part in the definition of Water and Life strategy by bringing the insights on San and SW projects
- Ensure the implementation of the San and SW projects with good coordination among the branch teams
- Represent the organization with local authorities and local and international partners, and negotiate with them if necessary
- Mobilize and coordinate the field team taking part of San and SW projects without hierarchical supervision
- Participate in the optimization of the organization’s procedures and tools
- Ensure the coordination and exchanges of good practices with the project officer working on these topics in Bangladesh.
POSITION TO BE FILLED on 01/02/2023
Couples of weeks of Onboarding will be organized at the HQ (if possible) and then in the Philippines