Semeurs d’Avenir (SDA) is a Lebanese association, created in 2010, registered under the number 1905. It is the operational partner of IECD in Lebanon.
IECD and SDA have been expanding their projects in Lebanon, notably in the fields of entrepreneurship, employability, and partnerships with private sector companies – thus the need to better coordinate these activities and develop their staff.
IECD and SDA wish to recruit a Program Manager, in charge of Entrepreneurship and Employability.
This position also includes the supervision of our Agriculture project, which has got a strong entrepreneurship dimension, and the coordination of the relations with the private sector and potential hiring companies. It is a newly created position.
Reporting to the Country Director Lebanon, the Program Manager Entrepreneurship and Employability leads IECD’s strategy and operations in his/her areas of responsibilities.
He/she manages three Project Managers:
- The Project Manager of the entrepreneurship project, who leads the support to micro /small businesses and startups;
- The Project Manager Employability, who leads the Orientation & Placement team, and brings together staff working on Orientation, Guidance, Placement, and follow-up of the youth that have graduated from IECD’s training programs within technical schools;
- The Project Manager Agriculture, who leads IECD’s pilot-project in agroecology.
He/she is also in charge of coordinating IECD and SDA interactions with organizations offering jobs in Lebanon, whether coming from the private, public, or nonprofit sectors.
The Program Manager Entrepreneurship and Employability is a member of IECD Lebanon’s executive committee (COPIL), and is an active member of decisions related to the daily functioning and strategic development of IECD operations in Lebanon. The Program Manager Entrepreneurship and Employability is also one of IECD Lebanon’s most senior representatives, working to enhance our cooperation with partners and donors.
1/ Member of the COPIL of SDA-IECD Lebanon
- Join the collective effort to develop the activities of IECD in Lebanon
- Participate actively to weekly COPIL meetings and other decision-making gatherings
- Take an active part to country and group projects running beyond the area of responsibilities
- Liaise frequently with IECD Group HQ staff in charge of coordinating programs, operations, and support functions
2/ Program’s team management and other general responsibilities
- Pilot the existing projects and seek ways to adapt and improve them
- Put in place a quality and impact evaluation methodology
- Look ahead, think about strategic changes and evolutions, identify development opportunities
- Identify risks associated with projects
- Develop the skills of the team: recruitment, evaluation, training, team cohesion, safety, health
- Ensure proper reporting and control compliance with procedures, in coordination with the financial controller; liaising with the Procurement Manager, supervise purchasing actions
- Provide reports to donors
- Seek synergies with projects implemented by other Program Managers of IECD Lebanon
3/ Entrepreneurship project
- Manage the Project Manager SME & SFB
- Support the development of this activity, both in terms of scope and geography
- Enhance follow-up and alumni gatherings of former trainees
- Ensure a transversal development of the entrepreneurship mindset within IECD Lebanon
4/ Employability project
- Manage the Project Manager Employability
- Support the development of this activity, from Orientation to Placement
- Facilitate and take part to the development of relations and partnerships with potential recruiters
- Pursue the digitalization of IECD offering to the youth
- Ensure a transversal development of all IECD Lebanon placement and employability activities
5/ Agriculture project
- Manage the Project Manager Agriculture
- Facilitate synergies and best practices between Agriculture and Entrepreneurship projects
- Identify potential cooperation with other organizations and/or potential donors