The position reports to the manager of the Adapted Teaching Section (« ATS ») program for youth with disabilities.
The occupational therapist will coordinate the actions of all departments who work with students with disabilities and learning disabilities in PSE to promote students’ independence and well-being at PSE and in the communities. He/she will assess students with disabilities’ performances and abilities as well as their motor, sensory, cognitive and psychic performances to develop and conduct an Occupational Therapy rehabilitation program, including the recommendation of technical aids. He/she will cooperate with all actors on the field to analyse the lifestyle of the students and their families to identify their needs and propose suitable solutions. He/she will provide training sessions about disabilities for families and the ATS team, as well as how to perform some of OT tasks to pass it on to the ATS team.
He/She will support the ATS program manager in the development of projects for the service.
- Coordination of the ATS Team and service projects: support the implementation of Individual Project, involvement of families and multidisciplinary communication.
- Development of partnerships with other organizations in order to develop and improve support for children within PSE but also in general for people with disabilities in Cambodia.
- Diagnosis and evaluation of the motor, sensory, cognitive, mental and functional abilities of children with disabilities or with learning disabilities, including clinical assessments of children.
- Analysis of the child’s needs, lifestyle, environmental factors, situations of disability and development of a personalized intervention program.
- Follow-up of the students’ assistive devices, installation and technical aids.
- Implementation of rehabilitative follow-up in Occupational Therapy (individual or group sessions) and workshops for motor, cognitive or sensory stimulation in collaboration with the teams.
- Advocacy and training in the use of technical aids, compensation strategies and environmental planning in order to maintain, support and improve the functionality of gestures and autonomy of the child in his/her daily life and his/her schooling.
- Management of the equipment for Occupational Therapy: settings, budget, stock management.
- Recommendation and implementation of orthopaedic appliances in collaboration with Physical Therapists and the Orthotist/Prosthetist.
- Advice, support and train teams and families (topics related to the disabilities or the use of assistive devices and technical aids)
- Continuation of a project around AAC Alternative and Augmentative Communication.
- Support of the development of learning, educational and rehabilitative spaces adapted to students with multiple disabilities.
- Support of the re-opening of the day-care for students with multiple disabilities
- Communication with PSE France, the Projects Departments and other partners to find and deliver the material for ATS, including the writing of reports and a monthly newsletter.