Since last July 2018, LP4Y has set a unique and experimental project, the Green Village: an Entrepreneurial Training Center for out-of-school Young Adults nearby Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India.
This soft skill training center has welcomed and trained already 100 Youth coming from skilling programs like Vocational Training Programs (VTPs) or other organisms (livelihood, other NGOs, associations…), helped them in developing professional grooming and employability skills (communication skills, organization and management, time management, business mindset, teamwork, citizenship…). The final objective is to help them to find a stable and decent job (by teaching them, without placement).
This project uses a hands-on pedagogy in social and professional integration of Youth based on the 10 years experience of Life Project 4 Youth Foundation, LP4Y, specialized in integration of excluded Youth.
In a team, the Youth create and develope micro-companies in order to develop skills, gain self-esteem and become actors of their life.
Trainer Green Village
Contract : VSI – Volontariat de Solidarité Internationale
Location : India, Chhattisgarh
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accompany the Youth (17 to 25 years old) with low educational background,
- Train and teach the Youth about employability soft skills: business, management, organization, planning, communication, professionalism, time management…
- Train and teach the Youth about employability hard skills: English communication (written and oral), computer (MS office, drive, email, …),
- Help the coaches in guiding the Youth about their personal development and job preparation and (coordination with the coaches),
- Work as a team with the other trainers,
- You will be a role model, who inspires and reveals the talents of the Youth,
- You will develop and maintain the partners’ network around the project: find some punctual hard skill trainers, suppliers, technical experts…