The project « Enhancing smallholder fish farming through agro-ecological intensification and integration into inclusive commercial value chain in Liberia » (FishLib Project), funded by the European Union, started in december 2019 for 4 years and will be carried out by APDRA and Catalyst in the counties of Bong, Lofa and Nimba. It includes three components:
- Support to fish farming development through small holders farmers and SMEs’, awareness raising and training
- Structuration of farmed fish value chain through skills consolidation and communication among stakeholders
- Improve communication and partnership between governments, the private sector and the civil society in order to develop fish farming upon inclusive and sustainable principles
This project is the continuation of a project carried out from 2010 to 2013 in the same counties. It focuses specially on strengthening fish farmers’ capacities in terms of fish management while supporting new fish farming applicants. A special attention is given to the improvement of agroecological techniques, both in terms of planning and fish production cycles’ management.
The position is based in Gbarnga, Bong County. The city of Gbarnga is located 3 hours away by car from Monrovia, the capital city of Liberia.
The duties and responsibilities of the Finance Assistant will include, but will not be limited to:
- Coordinate the finances of the project in 3 offices (1 main and 2 sub offices)
- Guarantee the implementation and use of finance management tools
- Check the effectiveness of the necessary information for the validity of the receipts and invoices
- Ensure that all the project’s purchases follow the donors’ procedures
- Assist the work of Catalyst financial records in the heading of expenses
- Preparation of budget follow-up with analytical codifications
- Prior completion of cash requests to be validated by Finance Manager and Project Manager
- Preparation of payrolls, payslips, tax declarations.
This position is placed under the hierarchical responsibility of FishLib’s Administrative and Financial Manager. The Finance Assistant will also work in close collaboration with the Project Manager and the administrative team and will develop functional links with them. He/She will be in charge of the compilation of the financial records of the FishLib project and any other projects implemented by APDRA in Liberia. He will ensure the compliance of the finance operations with national legislation, donors’ agreements and internal procedures of APDRA.