Reporting to the General Manager of Passerelles numériques Philippines, the Education manager will be in charge of guiding the Education team in its daily operations, as well as handling special cases for the students. With the help of his/her team, the Education Manager will ensure that all the students are mentally, psychologically and physically healthy, embracing PN core values and developing their personal and technical skills in a dynamic environment.
- Responsible for the safety of the center and a healthy lifestyle for the students,
- Responsible of the qualitative follow up of all the students during their studies and make appropriate decisions,
- Implement a strict, fair and consistent positive discipline and make appropriate decisions,
- Guide the students in their personal development and evolution throughout the PN journey,
- Organize the daily life of the students (activities schedule),
- Organize developmental activities with the three (3) batches of students,
- Work closely with the Training Manager to follow-up with the partner university (staff and teachers) on students situation.
- Maintain good relationship with the education partners and increase the number of partners who could help us in our educational mission: community services, health care, developmental activities for students.
- Lead and manage Education team in its daily operations: routine, schedules, emergencies,
- Provide vision to the team on how to be innovative and pragmatic in supporting the students to be autonomous and responsible young adults,
- Evaluate and guide the staff to ensure that the mission of PN is well followed,,
- Recruit qualified staff when needed,
- Organize team building and coordination meetings,
- Evaluate each staff in education team individually on a semester basis,
- Ensure the coordination within the team and with other departments to implement efficient processes and decisions with the students
- Make sure that practices and evaluated experiences are capitalized,
- Adjust staff and personal time table based on needs – flexibility with schedules,
- Play an active role towards the other PN projects in Asia, leading or participating to cross-country projects.
Specific major projects
Firstly, the Philippines has faced a major education reform, impacting the selection and the level of the future students.
Secondly, PN plan to increase the numbers of student in Philippines selected to participate in PN program.
In this context, the education manager together with his/her co-managers and General Manager will have to contribute in the new PN organization which will be decided to adjust to that reform and maintain the quality of education provided by PN to an increasing number of students. The Education manager will also be responsible for the smooth integration of the new batch of scholars.