As head of the Head Office in Bangladesh and under the supervision of the CEO based in the Headquarters in France, the Country Director coordinates and supervises activities of both Social Company – SJP – and NGO – Water and Life Bangladesh – meaning impulse strategic development, support operational implementation, manages the local Executive Committee within the strategic framework given by Eau et Vie, to guarantee their efficiency and sustainability. The two entities represent a total of almost 60 employees and represents an annual budget of 1,1 M€.
The main responsibilities are the following:
- Define SJP and W&L Bangladesh strategies and manage their implementation,
- Guarantee a good management of operations and their developments,
- Ensure that all necessary and possible means are made available to enable the performance and development of the teams,
- Ensure Eau et Vie’s representation in the country by leading the development of partnerships and communication,
- Implement financial management to ensure program sustainability,
- Ensure compliance of local Monitoring & Evaluation with Eau et Vie standards,
- Manage the Bangladesh team (3 expatriates and 54 local employees),
- Ensure the implementation of a governance scheme adapted to Eau et Vie principles,
- Drive the Eau et Vie continuous improvement process locally.
The Country Director is a permanent member of the HQ Executive Committee. His/her mission is also to enhance the capacities of the local Management Committee and the local boards.
Profil du candidat
Holder of at least a Master’s degree/MBA in Project or Business Management, you have a proven experience of at least seven years spent at Management positions, including one experience of a global program/organization management.
A 2-year-long experience in international solidarity is compulsory, including management of multicultural teams.
First contact with Bangladesh context and/or one of Eau et Vie’s fields of interventions are more than strong assets.
A significant WASH experience in urban areas is a strong asset.
Fully proficiency in English is compulsory. Knowledge of French would be a strong asset.
Qualités requises :
As a veritable conductor, you appreciate to design, implement and monitor programs.
At ease with negotiations with external partners of very different perspective, you need to be agile and forward-looking.
Your taste for challenge from coping strategies to social business issues makes you comfortable in any situation.
Working autonomously as team leader, you are not afraid of being in the “heart of the operations” sometimes.
Patience, leadership and sense of pedagogy will be helpful in a context of structuration and development of the program.
Mission based in Dhaka – Bangladesh, with regular field visits in our intervention areas in Chattogram. Full time position
Status: Expatriation is under a status of Volunteer of International Solidarity (French Status open to all
citizenship) for at least 24 months.
Compensations & Benefits:
– Attractive Salary according to Eau et Vie internal grid
– 6 weeks of annual paid leaves
– Health insurance and medical repatriation insurance
– One round-trip ticket from Dhaka to the place of residence per year.
Pour postuler :
How to apply? Please send your complete application to Anne Lefevre, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to mention the object: 202206_Dir Bangl_VSI