Krousar Thmey’s main principle is the development of projects led by Cambodians for Cambodians. Only two European volunteers provide the organization with support in communications, grants management, and fundraising processes.
The Communications Officer’s mission is to develop and implement the communications strategy by promoting and enhancing the visibility and image of Krousar Thmey. They are in charge of the creation, quality and consistency of communication materials. They will have a global vision of the association’s communications strategy by working in close collaboration with the Grants and Reporting Officer, Program and Finance Managers, as well as the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer. They shall provide their advice and expertise to the different departments, as well as the international entities of Krousar Thmey (France, Singapore and Switzerland) in their communication actions. They are under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement an effective communications strategy in relation with management teams and Krousar Thmey Cambodia’s Board of directors
- Contribute to the reflection on the organization’s fundraising strategy at the local, regional and international levels
- Integrate a fundraising objective into communication materials
- Enhance Krousar Thmey’s online presence and visibility by updating and creating content for the organization’s website and social media networks: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Supervise all aspects of online interaction between internet users and the organization
- Update institutional communication materials in collaboration with the international entities: annual report, presentation documents (PowerPoint, brochures, flyers, etc.), photos and videos
- Provide technical support for the creation and development of communication materials (t-shirts, posters, banners, etc.) designed to raise awareness of the causes supported by the NGO
- Conduct field visits to monitor activities and collect relevant content (information, photos, testimonies) for project proposals and reports
- Update and develop internal communication materials for donors, members and volunteers: writing and editing the “Family letter” (internal newsletter) and other informative documents in collaboration with the Foundation’s European entities (France and Switzerland)
- Update internal communication tools to improve the sharing of information between the main office and the field teams, between programs, and between different departments
- Respond to national and international media enquiries and act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Write, edit and distribute press releases, reports, speeches, and other marketing materials that serve the organization’s activities
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Plan, organize and coordinate events: logistics and event coverage (photos, videos, articles, etc.)
- Coordinate visits from donors, partners and representatives of the Foundation’s international entities in collaboration with the Grants and Reporting Officer
Perform other related tasks, as assigned by the Executive Director.