Passerelles Numériques (PN) is a French non-profit organization, created in 2005, operating in Cambodia, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Madagascar.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of underprivileged youth by empowering them with innovative education in key digital and soft employability skills. Our goal is that each student finds a quality job aligned with local tech market needs, allowing them and their families to escape poverty in a sustainable way and contribute to the social and economic development of their country.
We provide training in our centers in Southeast Asia, and a pre-preparatory program to enter university at our center in Madagascar. From their first day of school, until graduation, and their first job, we support each of our students on their journey. After studying at PN, our students become web developers, analysts, app testers… and can find a quality jobs for life. At least 50% of our students are young women. PN contributes directly to 5 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
S/he is responsible for managing the financial actions of the organisation. The duties include tracking cash flow, analyzing strengths and weaknesses to propose corrective action plans when necessary and preparing accurate forecasts so that the management team can make informed decisions about future investments or cuts.
S/he will draw-up the principal orientations/objectives taking into account the changing context with an objective of improving the efficiency, transparency and sustainability.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PN Group has several entities
– PNF: PN France (headquarters)
– PNA: part of the management team based in Cambodia (accounting done by PNC)
– PNC: Cambodia training centre
– PNPh: Philippines training centre
– PNV: Vietnam training centre
– PNM: Madagascar training centre
S/he is directly responsible for the accounting of PNF, budget holder for PNF and PNA and responsible for the consolidation of PN Group finances. S/he will be in charge of the following activities.
- Maintain the Accounting Tool (QuickBooks)
- Responsible for PNF bookkeeping
– Collect the invoices and accounting proof documents, store them on the drive according to procedures
– Enter the expenses, grants and other accounting transactions in Quickbooks, following procedures
- Establish monthly reports and cash forecast for PN Group.
- Be in charge of all administrative tasks (business trip expenses, insurance, …)
- Manage PNA’s activities as budget holder.
Payroll & Taxes
Responsible for PNF payroll
- Interface with the payroll provider for PNF payroll (2 staffs)
- Provide absence and variable information to the provider
- Collect and distribute payroll slips
- Update follow-up information on the drive
- Enter Payroll accounting transactions in QB
- Calculate, report and pay the annual Income Tax.
Group Consolidation and Financial Statements
- Responsible for PNF’s closing
- Ensure proper application of the regulations and accuracy of the accounts
- Consolidate both, PNF and PN Group
- Produce Financial Statements and Appendix to the Accounts for both consolidations
- Ensure the financial documents are reviewed by the auditor and have the board approve the Financial Statements.
Group Budget and Forecasts
- Define PN Group budget guidelines with the management, distribute to the Centers
- Prepare PNA and PNF budgets
- Support Centers’ budget preparation
- Consolidate budgets and prepare them for validation
- Collect monthly reports and cash forecast from the centers
- Establish the PNA and PNF cash forecasts, consolidate them and have the Interco transfer approved by the Treasurer.
- Supervise the centers’ cash levels.
Processes and tools
- Maintain and update the procedures and tools
- Control the accounting processes: closing, petty cash, bank, transfer, cash flows, and improve them when needed.
Support Fundraising activities
- Support the Fundraising proposals on financial matters (budgets, cost per student, analysis, etc.)
- Support the Fundraising reporting process (actuals, financial statements, etc.).
Coordination & Center support
- Review the centers’ monthly reports, compile data for cash forecast presented at the global management committee
- Lead and coordinate the Group Finance team weekly meetings:
o Teams share and exchange recent activities
o Coordinate and plan the monthly accounting activities
- Participate to the hiring of the centres’ finance managers
- Ensure proper training of the team on financial matters.
- Actively contribute to cross centers information sharing and common projects
- Organize and take part in events, workshops, trainings, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evenings
- Liaise with colleagues and work flexibly
- Attend staff meetings
- Respect school rules and regulations
3. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Finances or similar
- At least 6 years of experience in finances, accounting or audit
- Experience in financial and team management
- NGO experience is a plus
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Finance and Accounting GAAP
- Internal control mechanisms
- IT Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience with Google Suite
- Good command on an accounting tool, PN uses Quickbooks but an experience on the tool is not mandatory
- Proven relationship building skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of people and organizations
- Substantial analytical, technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Proactive in following through with deadlines and ability to prioritize
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cultures where we operate is a plus – Cambodia, Madagascar, the Philippines, & Vietnam
- Fluent in written French and English
HOW TO APPLY
Veillez envoyer votre CV et lettre de motivation en français à l’adresse mail suivante : firstname.lastname@example.org Réf: Global Finance Manager.
Nb. Please state your expected compensation in the application email.
Date limite candidature : 9 décembre 2023