- CONTEXT and MiSSION
Passerelles numériques Cambodia (PNC) is looking for a Training and Education Manager for its operations. S/he ensures the delivery of PNC’s two-year IT Vocational training (English, Professional Life, Web Programming, Systems and Network Administration) in a way to satisfy our targets (companies) and ensures the delivery of our educational program (life skills, health and social follow up, PNC values).
S/he manages each coordinator and implements collaboration for cross-department projects. Coordinates with the Education Coordinator and Training Coordinators to keep a close follow up of each student following our holistic approach. Inside our new curricula project, oPenh, we are putting a strong focus on interactive learning, soft skills, project based assessments, and a learning to learn module to fit our students’ needs. S/he will need to be able to build bridges between the Education and Training teams. This is a new position and will require someone who is very dedicated to support the development of underprivileged youths.
S/he reports to the General Manager of PNC and has a strong collaboration with our PN Education and Social Missions Manager.
- DUTIES AND responsibilities
- Manage Training & Education Teams
- Lead the team (9 trainers, 3 educators, 4 coordinators) and coordinate collaboration amongst them and other departments for innovation;
- Supervise both teams in its daily operations (routine, schedules, emergencies…)
- Organize team building and coordination meetings;
- Ensure the coordination within the team and with other departments to implement processes and decisions with the students and staff;
- Ensure that best practices and experiences are shared and capitalized;
- Recruit, interview, and hire new trainers, educators, with HR officer based on need;
- Seek trainings for staff development, orient new staff.
- Play an active role towards the other Passerelles numériques’ teams in Asia, leading or participating to cross-country projects;
- Implement decisions and policies given by PNC’s General Manager.
- Manage the Training
- Follow up of oPenh curricula and implementation;
- Ensure curricula are updated regularly by following up with each coordinator;
- Ensure assessments are completed on time;
- Ensure follow-up of each student’s education (exams, internships, behavior);
- Coordinate internship program and tutors with External Relations Manager.
3. Manage the Education
- Coordinate with Education Coordinator to regularly assess students’ behavior, motivation, and ensure a well-rounded follow up of each student;
- Ensure and be responsible for the safety of the center and for the healthy lifestyle of the students;
- Implement a strict, fair and consistent discipline and make appropriate decisions;
- Organize the daily life of the students;
- Organize developmental activities with the 2 classes of students (1st year and 2nd year).
4. External Partners
- Follow up students sponsored by partner organizations and maintain good relationship with the latter;
- Develop partnerships with organizations / structures that can provide support, expertise, resources for Passerelles numériques’s educational mission: community services, health care, training for students…
- Coordinate volunteers and create skills-sharing missions for the professional development of the training and education teams.
- Plan the Training & Education Team budgets each year;
- Operational management of Training & Education activities: timetable, classrooms, IT labs, class materials and supplies, etc.
- Attend regular management meetings.