Cambodia: Passerelles numériques Cambodia was the first project to be launched in 2005, in Phnom Penh. PNC offers two IT training programs in System and Network Administration (SNA) and Web Programming (WEP), based on a holistic educative approach including technical and soft skills, and a personal development program.
Passerelles numériques Cambodia (PNC) is looking for a Training and Education Manager for its operations.
S/he ensures the delivery of PNC’s two-year IT Vocational training (English, Professional Life, Web Programming, Systems and Network Administration) in a way to satisfy our targets (companies) and ensures the delivery of our educational program (life skills, health and social follow up, PNC values).
S/he manages each coordinator and implements collaboration for cross-department projects. Coordinates with the Education Coordinator and Training Coordinators to keep a close follow up of each student following our holistic approach. Inside our new curricula project, oPenh, we are putting a strong focus on interactive learning, soft skills, project based assessments, and a learning to learn module to fit our students’ needs.
S/he will need to be able to build bridges between the Education and Training teams. This position
will require someone who is very dedicated to support the development of underprivileged youths.
S/he reports to the General Manager of PNC and has a strong collaboration with our PN Social Missions Lead and Pedagogical Advisor.
1. Manage Training & Education Teams
– Lead the team (10 trainers, 3 educators, 4 coordinators) and coordinate collaboration amongst them and other departments for innovation;
– Supervise both teams in its daily operations (routine, schedules, emergencies…)
– Organize team building and coordination meetings;
– Ensure the coordination within the team and with other departments to implement processes and decisions with the students and staff;
– Ensure that best practices and experiences are shared and capitalized;
– Recruit, interview, and hire new trainers, educators, with HR officer based on need;
– Seek trainings for staff development, orient new staff.
– Play an active role towards the other Passerelles numériques’ teams in Asia, leading or participating to cross-country projects;
– Implement decisions and policies given by PNC’s General Manager.
2. Manage the Training
– Follow up of oPenh curricula and implementation;
– Ensure curricula are updated regularly by following up with each coordinator;
– Ensure assessments are completed on time;
– Ensure follow-up of each student’s education (exams, internships, behavior);
– Coordinate internship program and tutors with External Relations Manager.
3. Manage the Education
– Coordinate with Education Coordinator to regularly assess students’ behavior, motivation, and ensure a well-rounded follow up of each student;
– Ensure and be responsible for the safety of the center and for the healthy lifestyle of the students;
– Implement a strict, fair and consistent discipline and make appropriate decisions;
– Organize the daily life of the students;
– Organize developmental activities with the 2 classes of students (1 st year and 2nd year).
4. External Partners
– Follow up students sponsored by partner organizations and maintain good relationship with the latter;
– Develop partnerships with organizations / structures that can provide support, expertise, resources for Passerelles numériques’s educational mission: community services, health care, training for students…
– Coordinate volunteers and create skills-sharing missions for the professional development of the training and education teams.
– Plan the Training & Education Team budgets each year;
– Operational management of Training & Education activities: timetable, classrooms, IT labs, class materials and supplies, etc.
– Attend regular management meetings.