Part of the fundraising team, the volunteer must be a strong link between VIRLANIE and the different French-speaking sponsors (most commonly from France-Belgium-Switzerland) in order to facilitate a confident relationship. He/she is also a strong link between the social workers and the sponsors, and a bridge with our partner organizations
- Identification of Children / Beneficiaries and ensure the update of the listings of children with or without sponsors and the monitoring of the movement of children in the Foundation.
- Follow-up the requests from our partners and monitoring the incoming and outgoing sponsor correspondence.
- Responsible for giving guidance and controlling quality of all information collected from new Children before dispatching to individual sponsors or VIRLANIE’s partner organizations in Europe.
- Select and refine tools for sponsorship materials and documents.
- Translation of cards for the French speaking sponsors.
- Organization of sponsors’ visits to the foundation: welcome – orientation and meeting with the sponsored child according to Virlanie’s policies
Sponsorship filing & data management
- Set-up sponsorship database and ensure the accurate and timely entering data of sponsors with assigned sponsored child.
- Support in setting up and maintaining a filing system for Case Summary data, printed reports, photos and others needed for sponsorship.
- Assist in preparing and ensuring the timely and quality submission of information, translated documents such as cards and annual progress reports to Official sponsors.
- Communicate update information to partner organizations in France, Switzerland and Belgium
- Maintain and organize files related to sponsorship.
- Coordinate with the Finance, Operations Managers, and local sponsorship officer in the preparation of the sponsorship monthly remittances.
- Coordinate and communicate with house parents and social workers for quarterly meetings
- Occasional support in fundraising events and social engagements
Profil du candidat
University degree in social science, economic or development studies is required
Experience and knowledge of child-sponsorship and fundraising function are desired
Writing and oral skills in English and French are required (equivalent B2 level)
Qualités requises :
- Competency in data base software is required (especially in excel)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strictness to respect deadline
- Autonomous and initiative sense
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing
- Excellent teamwork member
- Sensitivity to street children issues and commitment to poor and disadvantaged people
Pour postuler :
- Resume and cover letter (send to email@example.com)
- Application form (Human Resources)
- Interviews (before march)
Expected arrival mid-April (training in Paris in April 8,9,10,11)
- Category: Volunteer (VSI)
- Duration: minimum 1 year
- Allowance: Yes (15000 pesos = 255 Euros au cours de janvier 2019)
- Number of hours per week: Full Time (40h)
- Insurance: Yes
- Transportation and Visa: VFI pays the plane ticket (two ways) from the city of origin to the Philippines and all visa demands/extensions
- Food: VFI provides the lunch on working days (during the first month in immersion, all the meals are covered by VFI)
- Accommodation: One month in immersion[i] in one of the residential homes, and for the rest of the time, accommodation in one of the two volunteers’ houses[ii] (VH)
[i] During the first month, the volunteer will be accommodated in immersion within one of the residential homes of Virlanie. This immersion allows the volunteer to discover children’s lives and work of the staff in Virlanie’s homes, as well as approaching the Filipino way of life.
[ii] At the end of this period, the volunteer integrates one on the two Volunteer Houses.
Volunteer Houses are shared homes hosting between 3 and 8 volunteers depending on the months. These homes had individual rooms (attributed in priority to long term volunteers staying for 1 year) and shared rooms. Depending on individual rooms availability, long term volunteers can also share their rooms for few months.
Both volunteer houses are situated less than five minutes walking from the workplace of the volunteer.