The EU Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council establishing the European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps – EU Aid Volunteers and related legislation create a framework for joint contributions from European volunteers to support and complement humanitarian aid in third countries. Therefore, the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative provides opportunities to European citizens and long-term residents, from a wide range of backgrounds and with a diversity of skills and professional experience, to get involved in humanitarian aid projects, support the provision of needs-based humanitarian aid in third countries and engage in volunteering opportunities.
Within this framework, the European Guild and the Mouvement Paysan Papaye are currently recruiting 2 EU Aid Volunteers, both from junior and senior profiles. Together, they will work on food security project. For that team, we are currently looking for a Senior Volunteer in Finance and Accounting in Haïti.
1. Administrative tasks
- Supervision of administrative reporting and expenditures requirements of the project
- Supervision of administrative documents compliance
- Ensure smooth communication with other partners
2. Accounting tasks
- Supervision of regular accounting, including monthly reconciliations
3. Financial tasks
- Draft of financial reports
4. Coordination tasks
- Organizing and implementing the monthly programming work;
- Coordinating, participating and supporting all the other activities required for the proper development of the mission.
5. Communication and Awareness on EU Aid Volunteers Initiative
a. Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
b. Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
c. Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
d. Draft and publish articles describing volunteer’s experience in the field;
e. Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer’s local community in Europe;
f. In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.