The aim of this project is to support the emergence and empowerment of two local inter-professional associations engaged in the production and distribution of improved stoves and sustainable biomass fuels in Cambodia. It seeks to increase the resources and in-house capacities of these local stakeholders, stimulate market demand and move the regulatory framework forward, with a view to rolling out sustainable energy solutions and ensuring the continuity of the biomass-energy supply chain for domestic cooking.
Under the responsibility of the Sector Leader – Energy and Economic Development, SEFED Program Manager is responsible for the following tasks:
- General management of the project:
- Review and develop the roll-out of the activities for 2017-2019 according to the project’s objectives, while ensuring the involvement of the project team;
- Manage the operational team and together with them, set up a work plan to realize all planned activities;
- Anticipate and update financial needs for the planned activities and assist the field team in the execution of the budget allocated to field activities;
- Provide technical and methodological support to the team with the support of technical specialist from GERES and external experts;
- Manage internal and external consultancies on the project;
- Share experience with international and national organizations involved in other related projects;
- Foster integration of project results into national policies and strategies.
- Compliance with donors expectations:
- Ensure timely report to donors;
- Contribute to the preparation of financial reports with the support of the regional financial manager;
- Facilitate communication and visibility actions related to the field implementation of the project according to donor requirements (pictures, testimonies, field visits…);
- When relevant, and upon request from the Sector Leader, represent the project towards institutional partners and donors.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Sets-up rigorous monitoring of beneficiaries and activities;
- Monitor achievements of field activities, check quality, take corrective actions when needed, ensure deadlines are met and results are achieved following the plan;
- Coordinate the valorization and dissemination of new expertise and lessons learnt from field activities and ensure knowledge management process.
- Supporting the development of GERES’s activities in Cambodia:
Provide ad-hoc support to the Sector Leader in his development tasks, meaning:
- Share relevant opportunities as they come-up, such as, but not limited to partnerships, funding and project calls related to energy and economic development sector;
- Discuss and provide feedback on new identified opportunities in terms of new activities;
- Improved visibility, partnerships, learning opportunities and funding towards the aforementioned goals.