blueEnergy is looking for talented, committed individuals to join our diverse, dynamic organization, and can offer many opportunities for meaningful personal and professional growth.
Currently blueEnergy is seeking a mature, culturally sensitive, proactive individual with strong motivation to work in the energy program team in Bluefields, Nicaragua. As blueEnergy’s Nicaragua Renewable Energy Technical Coordinator Volunteer, you will work within the renewable energy team and report to blueEnergy Programs Coordinator who oversees all blueEnergy Program thematic areas. This is a small team made up of locals & foreigners. The projects are primarily solar energy off grid (rural and peri-urban micro-grids & small home solar) and bio digesters. Essentially the position is developing and executing renewable energy projects from A to Z.
The Technical Coordinator/Project Manager Volunteer will be in charge of participating directly & supervising each project, including the technical design and implementation of rural microgrid, design and installation of solar systems for homes and businesses, be involved in microgrid monitoring and maintenance, document energy related activities, help train local technicians, support the execution of energy related project activities, as well as collaborate in the development of new project profiles and their corresponding budgets. Candidates must have exceptional teamwork skills and emotional intelligence, and be able to thrive in a rigorous, dynamic and often highly resource constrained environment.
- Coordinate & act as advisor to all technical aspects and project development of the energy team staff and international collaborators.
- Make & review all technical design & work produced by the energy team technicians and provide assistance to the planning and decision making on technical aspects.
- Work closely with the local manager and upper management for decision making, funds monitoring, and project concepts.
- Manage & assist logistical aspects of a new installation (purchases, planning, procurement of materials and budgeting) & manage on-site project work.
- Create community training materials and execute trainings on the different renewable energy technologies.
- Within each assigned project, execute system conception, purchasing, logistics, preparation, construction and installation (including repair and maintenance of some of these systems) following the guidelines, processes, formats and policies established by blueEnergy.
- Work with the Renewable Energy Program Technicians to improve the technologies already in use as well as their implementation.
- Document the work of the renewable energy team in blueEnergy with reports and other media using blueEnergy templates.
- Strengthen the capacity of the renewable energy team through the creation of internal materials, manuals and databases.
- Participate in the creation of project profiles and budgets to be submitted to potential funders.
- Manage relationships between the blueEnergy offices in France, USA and the Energy team in Nicaragua.
- Work with local staff and partners to train them in renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Communicate with energy partners (universities and other organizations) to share experiences and learn about alternative technologies and techniques.
Profil du candidat
- Engineering diploma preferred, especially in renewable energy and/or electricity (or corresponding professional experience), but others will also be considered
- Project Management & Team Management Experience; Particularly working in diverse teams and able to manage multiple team deadlines.
- Working knowledge about solar power, bio digestion, electric wiring standards and power grid distribution.
- Experience working in multicultural teams where teamwork is necessary
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage effective work relationships in a multicultural environment
- Spanish Intermediate Minimum language (written and spoken) required; Fluent Spanish highly preferred.
- English is also valuable as many of our partners work in English and some documents are in English.
- Capacity to adapt communication with the interlocutor (willingness to speak Kriol English to Kriol English speaking beneficiaries, adapting technical language to improve understanding of the interlocutor)
Qualités requises :
- Outgoing & Earnest Disposition; Rigorous & Persistent
- Good teaching skills and high level of social sensitivity
- Comfortable with using hand tools
- Self-starter, adaptable, resilient and a sense of humor
- Respect for local customs with an open mind and humility
- Proactive and able to work independently to complete project tasks
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through on task assignments
Field Working Conditions:
The majority of work is in an office setting in the town of Bluefields, where blueEnergy has an office and international volunteer team communal house where living conditions are simple (Yes we do have wireless internet!). On trips to the field “communities”, working and living is extremely basic and requires that the volunteer have the ability to adapt to the conditions.
Volunteers receive a modest living stipend and blueEnergy offers full room and board and wireless internet on the blueEnergy campus/facilities. If a volunteer chooses to life outside blueEnergy facilities they are responsible for the costs associated.
If you are currently in a serious relationship it is very important to understand the impacts that volunteering for a year abroad will have on your relationship. Because of the communal/shared living situation we do not allow “couples” to live together at blueEnergy UNLESS both are volunteers with blueEnergy. Therefore, if you want to live at the blueEnergy facilities with your partner they must also apply for a volunteer position in blueEnergy.
Alternatively, if you want to volunteer and live with your nonvolunteer partner you will be responsible to independently find and finance your own living situation in Bluefields.
Working with blueEnergy in Nicaragua provides the volunteer with a rich experience in multicultural team work, indigenous cultures, development models and appropriate technology. At blue Energy’s core is a strong entrepreneurial culture which promotes initiative and leadership. blueEnergy volunteers are given great responsibility and, as a result, they experience tremendous growth, both personally and professionally while serving on the ground.
This volunteer position provides a unique opportunity to learn about the socialdevelopment sector, acquire hands on experience in project profile development, relationship management with funders, nonprofit financing and fundraising and operating in divers’ international teams. It is also an opportunity to strengthen Spanish and English professional proficiency while deepening cultural awareness and empathy.
Pour postuler :
To apply please send your CL and CV in spanish to Pauline Stephan : email@example.com