AVN has deployed its program in Northern Ghana since October 2014, in two areas: Bolgatanga, as national office and Garu as regional office. AVN is recruiting a Program Manager to support a team composed by other 5 people. The project manager will be under the responsibility of a referent from AVN-France.
To reinforce the capacities of the local teams on all the activities needed for the development and follow-up of the Ghanaian market for the Nubian Vault concept, locally adapted to social, economic and environmental needs.
- -Being trained in the main strategic guidelines of the program, some technical knowledge on the NV concept, the methodology for its diffusion on large scale, the accounting, the market monitoring tools, the complementary projects and partner relationships;
- -Contributing to the implementation of the dissemination program of the NV concept in Ghana, in strict collaboration with the 2 regional production managers and the team AVN-France.
- -Accompanying and reinforcing the capacities of the local teams on all the activities implemented (awareness-raising activities, training, monitoring of the market, accountings…)
- -Supporting the development of a semi-autonomous NV market by facilitating the relations between masons and clients, and by helping the foreign masons in translation and in the preparation of construction cost estimates and the mediation of possible conflicts;
- -Participating in the management of the human resources of AVN-Ghana, in strict collaboration with AVN-France.
- -Preparing reports of activities and results for internal use and marketing / promotion;
- -Monitoring the market (building sites, masons and apprentices, pilot villages) and recording the relevant information in AVN’s digital monitoring tools;
- -Being co-responsible of the monthly financial accounting of the activities with the general assistant;
- -Developing and supporting the relationships between AVN and ongoing partners (distribution of the roles, management of the human resources involved, implementation of the planned activities, reporting to AVN-France and to the donors, feedback, lessons learned);
- -Establishing new partnerships with development actors (financial, technical, institutional) in strict collaboration with AVN-France: identifying possible sources of finance, meeting potential partners for presenting the program, designing and drafting concept notes, memorandum of understanding, full project documents etc.