The Grant Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Resource Development Director. He / She is responsible and accountable, under direction, for 1) the research, identification, pursuit, and acquisition of new grants; and, 2) the management of existing grant from funding institutions, corporate foundations, and any other grant-making organization to benefit the programs of the foundation in order to achieve its Vision, Mission, and Goals.
- Leading project design through the conduct of analysis and planification workshops with the Programs and beneficiaries -using appropriate and mastered tools and methodologies-;
- Developing proposals based on in-depth consultation with internal stakeholders (the program and project managers and implementers, budget owners, the finance department);
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, presentations and any other relevant communication material;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research by looking into potential funding sources and by updating the funder prospects database accordingly;
- With the support of the Resource Development Director, prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner;
- Meeting deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’.
- Managing communications between funder, project managers and finance staff of the Foundation;
- Ensuring proper documentation of projects (submitting timely and accurate reports in the required formats, in close collaboration with the communication department and the project managers and implementers in charge or reporting);
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with grant-making organizations’ contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of grants;
If time allows, contribute to planning fund-raising campaigns and promote the organization through public relations work
The Grant coordinator also manages the French grant manager, in charge of managing grants from European and french grant-making organizations.