Virlanie Foundation Inc. is developing its actions in the Island of Negros.
Its overall objective is to contribute to improve the life of young adults with special needs in the Philippines.
More specifically, the project aims to allow 30 young adults with special needs (18 to 35 years old) from Virlanie’s two homes for children with special needs to transfer to Negros island in an Organic Farm community on the model of the Arches communities of Jean Vanier. The agricultural community will offer an integrated organic farming work environment (“hands on work”) to the young adults with special needs. The farm is expected to provide food and in the future revenue for the Community as the young adults develop new skills.
- Everyone participate in agricultural community life according to their abilities and desires
- Share daily farming life with the support of assistants and other members of the community
- Become active citizens by carving out their own unique role in society and including members with special needs in decision making processes
- Welcome and respect the beliefs and traditions of the members and encourage them to deepen their spiritual life.
The FAITH project aims at the same time to raise social awareness on disability and promote sustainable ways of living and tolerance.
The Volunteer will work 5 days a week to :
- Ensure the reporting (narrative and financial) in accordance with the donors requirements and in coordination with the project manager
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and assessment of the project.
- Assist in the strategic marketing of the project.
Maintain network with international sponsors and partners in close coordination with the Project managers and the President of the Foundation
- In charge of writing the project reports (narrative and financial) on the project Creating project document for proper communication with sponsors (French & English)
Fund raising and communication
- Support the program managers in
- Communicating with funders to secure fundings
- Communicating with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- the conception and implementation of communication strategies and networworking
Planning/implementation/assessment of the projects
- Support the program manager in
- Creation of a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Identification of the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Development of a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Development of the objectives and measurement upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Executing the project according to the project plan
- Monitoring the progress of the project and proposing adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Reviewing the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Writing reports on the project for management and for funders
Communicating with funders as outlined in funding agreements