Virlanie Foundation Inc. is developing its actions in the Island of Negros.
Two projects are about to start :
Its overall objective is to contribute to improve the life of young adults with special needs in the Philippines.
More specifically, the project aims to allow 30 young adults with special needs (18 to 35 years old) from Virlanie’s two homes for children with special needs to transfer to Negros island in an Organic Farm community on the model of the Arches communities of Jean Vanier. The agricultural community will offer an integrated organic farming work environment (“hands on work”) to the young adults with special needs. The farm is expected to provide food and in the future revenue for the Community as the young adults develop new skills.
- Everyone participate in agricultural community life according to their abilities and desires
- Share daily farming life with the support of assistants and other members of the community
- Become active citizens by carving out their own unique role in society and including members with special needs in decision making processes
- Welcome and respect the beliefs and traditions of the members and encourage them to deepen their spiritual life.
The FAITH project aims at the same time to raise social awareness on disability and promote sustainable ways of living and tolerance.
Rehabilitation Center Program in Bacolod
The program aims to provide to the street children and in conflict with the law, as well as their families, basic services and support through an open day center, independent from any institutional power. It will provide basic social services (healthcare, psychological, administrative and legal) ; specialized basic services (drug addiction, sexual and reproductive health). In parallel the program aims at supporting the child towards a responsible adult life, socially included and autonomous (through formal and non-formal education, trainings). A strong advocacy work will also be implemented in order to foster a coordinated network of involved stakeholders and raise awareness on the street children issues and more globally child rights, and to develop partnerships at a local level to support the program, ensuring its sustainability and its effectiveness.
The Volunteer will divide its working time between the two project, in link with the respective Managers of the projects (basic rule: 2,5 days per week on each project – modifications can be decided unanimously by the 2 project managers and the volunteer).
Ensure the reporting (narrative and financial) in accordance with the donors requirements and in coordination with the projects managers
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and assessment of the project.
- Assist in the strategic marketing of the project.
Maintain network with international sponsors and partners in close coordination with the Project managers and the President of the Foundation
- In charge of writing the project reports (narrative and financial) on the project Creating project document for proper communication with sponsors (French & English)
Fund raising and communication
- Support the program managers in
- Communicating with funders to secure fundings
- Communicating with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- the conception and implementation of communication strategies and networworking
Planning/implementation/assessment of the projects
- Support the program manager in
- Creation of a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Identification of the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Development of a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Development of the objectives and measurement upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Executing the project according to the project plan
- Monitoring the progress of the project and proposing adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Reviewing the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Writing reports on the project for management and for funders
Communicating with funders as outlined in funding agreements