The French speaking Grants and Donor Relations Officer works under the direct supervision of the Grant Lead, within Virlanie’s Resource Development Department. She / he pursues the overall objective of primarily (but not exclusively) managing grants from French and English speaking grant-making organizations. While focusing efforts on Associations, Corporate Foundations, Cooperation Agencies, and Governments, he/she will also maintain and upgrade Virlanie’s network of French speaking Major Givers. In line with this, she / he will actively participate in developing appropriate funder’s acquisition and cultivation strategies.
On grant search and administration
- Conducts regular online funding opportunities search and updates the database accordingly;
- Take the lead in reaching out to prospects and potential funders;
- When relevant, take part in project conceptualisation / rationalisation workshops;
- Take part in the development of projects and grant proposals;
- Translate proposals to French;
- Submit grant proposals to funder prospects and ensure follow up;
- Supports the programs in the implementation of grant-oriented monitoring and reporting systems;
- Support the programs in developing accurate and donor-oriented reports.
On donor relations (mainly but not exclusively Major Donors)
- Manage a funder prospect portfolio of qualified prospects ;
- Ensure consistent flow of information to current funders, according to their specific requirements and preferences;
- Prepare and submit adapted materials and other presentation documents (in relation with the Communication department when relevant) to funder prospects;
- Actively coordinate and liaise with all in-house key departments and stakeholders (especially the Finance Department and the Program Heads) in order to obtain and filter information;
- Participate in developing metrics for measuring success.