Reporting the President of the French supporting NGO in France called “Ecole du Bayon” and working in close collaboration with the President of the local Cambodian NGO « Bayon Education Development » as advisory, the Executive Director is responsible for the coordination, development and implementation of all the activities of the NGO.
1- Implement and develop activities in line with NGO vision
Primary school – Work in close collaboration with the school Principal on :
- School calendar, class council, monthly reviews, school and teaching equipment needs, recruitment of students, school policy
- Supervise the development of a qualitative pedagogy taking care of kids evolution and needs,
- Follow and adapt the school infrastructure for proper activity implementation
Pastry school vocational training – With the Pastry school Director :
- Supervise the activity of the school and the professional education curriculum. Develop partnerships to provide internships and job opportunities for the students,
- Increase local sales in order to provide sustainable resources for the School. Makes sure that production quality for coffee shop and external sales is of the highest standard.
Social – Together with the Deputy Director :
- Ensure that the social recruitment and review process is adequate in order to guarantee funds allocation to the most needed families,
- Develop job orientation workshop and activities for follow-up students,
- Regular field work for continuous learning from beneficiary needs.
Green farming program – Together with the green farming project manager :
- Consolidate the green farmers production and autonomy around primary school,
- Continue the agro ecology experimental project at PSE center for phase 2 and 3,
- Make sure that the creation of the new school of agro ecology is implemented in the proper way. Develop partners for internship and job placement.
PSE activities – In respect of the cooperation agreement signed between both NGOs :
- Supervise the activities of PSE Siem Reap together with PSE Siem reap coordinator,
- Prepare and manage budget, control and validation on expenses upon purchasing policy,
- Reinforce the follow up on families and public school students results and attendance,
- Find ways to smooth the process and keep capacity to act rapidly and with flexibility.
New Projects :
- Elaborate projects proposal with budget and submits them for approval. Organize implementation.
Partnership and network :
- Develop network for NGO recognition and activity development.
2- General Management
Finance and administration :
- Responsible for yearly budget management : validate purchase requests and expenses under approved budget, submit to board for unbudgeted operational expenses or investments, control on cash expenses.
- Coordinate next year budget approval : supervise and submit to board the activity plan and forecast, prepare with the finance team the financial budget derived from activity plan.
Human resources :
- Direct management of 6 managers : Deputy program Director, Primary School principal, Pastry school director, Fundraising and communication manager, Green farming project manager, PSE Siem Reap coordinator,
- Develop autonomy of the khmer team and its sense of responsibility,
- Manage annual staff review and implement salary increase,
- Coordinates recruitment process for all khmer and foreigner staff (40 staff),
- Conduct weekly staff meeting and monthly executive committee meetings,
- Prepare bi-yearly board meetings.
- Send monthly and yearly activity and finance report,
- Follow on progress reports to the Ministry of Education and Vocational training.
Fundraising and communication :
- Together with the referent line manager, participate actively on fundraising,
- development, especially in Asia for a better sustainability of the funds,
- Make sure that the communication of the NGO and of the coffee shop is adequate,
- Speak in front of an audience during various events.
3- Strategy and board
- Contribute to strategy development and adjustment,
- Strengthen the local khmer board and associate them in the strategy-building process,
- Work on regular basis with Presidents of both French and Khmer associations,
- Collaborate with the President of the Executive committee (of the local NGO) in order to implement the strategy and choices made by the French board and stay in line with local habits and culture.