blueEnergy creates impact in Nicaragua, both locally and nationally, as well as internationally. At the local level, blueEnergy delivers renewable energy, clean water, and other key services to marginalized communities on Nicaragua’s Caribbean Coast utilizing a holistic approach to community development and capacity building. At the national level, blueEnergy is facilitating and strengthening a network of renewable energy service providers to expand access to sustainable energy across Nicaragua. At the international level, blueEnergy is playing a lead role in the creation of a network of organizations working with locally produced, small wind turbines for rural electrification.
blueEnergy’s project headquarters are located in Bluefields, Nicaragua. There, the organization recruits a diverse, multi-cultural team of international Senior Fellows and local and international staff. This unique organizational structure amplifies blueEnergy’s impact and provides the international Senior Fellows themselves with a transformative experience to help them reach their global leadership potential.
blueEnergy is looking for talented, committed individuals to join our diverse, dynamic organization, and can offer many opportunities for meaningful personal and professional growth.
Currently blueEnergy is seeking a mature, culturally sensitive, pro-active individual with strong motivation to be blueEnergy Nicaragua’s Development Associate Senior Fellow. In this position, you will be responsible for development of funding project profiles and profile development opportunities for blueEnergy, as well as provide technical and organizational support to the blueEnergy Nicaragua Planning Coordinator and the Project Development team in Bluefields.
- Research foundations and grant-giving organizations for funding opportunities and partnerships. Analyze the opportunities and provide reports detailing the level of alignment to blueEnergy actions and philosophy and provide recommendations for project profile development.
- Follow up and filter through funding opportunities received by blueEnergy Nicaragua from the international development team.
- Assist in the development of profiles to be submitted to various foundations and grant-giving bodies in coordination with the planning, project development and technical teams.
- Interact with and serve as a link between the grant writing team in Bluefields and the Development Directors in Managua, United States and Paris, France.
- Communicate funding opportunities to the blueEnergy Nicaragua Planning Team as well as blueEnergy International teams
- Provide methodological and organizational support to the Planning Coordinator and the Project Developer
- Work on internal studies for blueEnergy Nicaragua, including organization, process definitions, and the development of institutional tools.