To assist with the national coordination of all the activities needed for the creation of a Ghanaian market for the Nubian Vault concept, locally adapted to social, economic and environmental needs.
Main Tasks :
– Being trained in the main strategic guidelines of the program, some technical knowledge on the NV concept, the methodology for its diffusion on large scale, the accounting, the market monitoring tools, the complementary projects and partner relationships;
– Contributing to the implementation of the dissemination program of the NV concept in Ghana, in strict collaboration with the national coordination, the regional production manager and the team AVN-France;
– Coordinating the activities of awareness-raising in the pilot villages at each phase (strategy, design, deployment, monitoring, reporting);
– Supporting the development of a semi-autonomous NV market by facilitating the relations between masons and clients, and by helping the foreign masons in translation and in the preparation of construction cost estimates and the mediation of possible conflicts;
– Framing the training of the apprentices and masons working in Ghana: profiling the apprentices, sensitizing and incentivizing the apprentices, monitoring the training process, mediating possible conflicts;
– Participating in the management of the human resources of AVN-Ghana, included the selection and training of other AVN-Ghana employees and other programs’ stakeholders;
– Preparing reports of activities and results for internal use and marketing / promotion;
– Monitoring the market (building sites, masons and apprentices, pilot villages) and recording the relevant information in AVN’s digital monitoring tools;
– Being co-responsible of the monthly financial accounting of the activities;
– Supporting the National Coordinator in establishing new partnerships with development actors (financial, technical, institutional): identifying possible sources of finance, meeting potential partners for presenting the program, designing and drafting concept notes, memorandum of understanding, full project documents etc.
– Developing and supporting the relationships between AVN and ongoing partners (distribution of the roles, management of the human resources involved, implementation of the planned activities, reporting to AVN-France and to the donors, feedback, lessons learned);
– Lobbying Ghanaian political, institutional and civil society actors concerning the importance of the role of housing in national development guidelines and for positioning AVN-Ghana as a reference point for housing and environment policies.