The Database Developer’s role is to develop and maintain database across the Resource Development Department (Fundraising, Communication and Sponsorship), while ensuring high levels of data availability. The Database Developer will in addition evaluate and advise on all technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and applications.
- Learn and maintain existing Virlanie systems (MS Access)
- Upgrade, built or customize the old version of existing Access program database
- Create, modify and design additional reports as requested by the Resource Development Department
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries
- Develop new functionalities as requested to improve productivity and/or processes and engage in the database development process, from inception through delivery
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems. (if needed)
- Prepare documentation, reports and studies.
Train the Resource Development Team
Profil du candidat
|Information Technology or Computer Science graduate.
|Have a superior knowledge in MS Package is an advantage and skilled in Visual Basic programming is a plus.
– Have a vast knowledge and expertise in MS Access database programming.
– At least 3 years’ of experience in developing MS Access database program and applications for data transformation with a solid background in table/query, forms, filters and report design. And capable to upgrade, built or customize the old version of existing Access program database.
– Have a solid developmental solution like analysing business model, logical specifications, system automation and end-user’s requirements.
– Have an in-depth project management skills and techniques.
– Can define or create disaster recovery plan, recommended options, tool evaluation and can form user’s manual (guidelines) for the database.
Qualités requises :
- – Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to create complex equations
- – Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines and to balance multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- – Strong written and oral communication skills
– Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with persons at all levels of the organization
- – Extensive development experience in MS Access
- – Experience with XML
- – Advanced Access database skills extremely critical and strong understanding of relational database structures and design
– Experience in SQL, VB, .net, C#, html, java, other programming languages, or API development a plus
Pour postuler :
Food fees: the lunch on working days
Transportation fees: refund the special ones
Living condition: One month immersion in one of Virlanie’s Residential Home and accommodation provided in a Volunteer House for the rest of the stay.
Number of hours per week: Full Time (40h)
Resume and covering letter :
Marylise Lemay firstname.lastname@example.org